Become a volunteer!
There are volunteering opportunities at the Bass Strait Maritime Centre and on the Julie Burgess ketch. There’s nothing stopping you from doing a bit for both. It’s all about your skills, experience and interest.
Bass Strait Maritime Centre has four main volunteering activities
- Visitor Services: Help make sure every visitor to the Centre has a great experience, which they’ll share with others.
- Maintenance Services: Help make sure we’re on top of the wear, tear and repair of the exhibitions, building and grounds of the Centre.
- Local History, Research and Collection Management Services: Help make sure the Centre’s collections are recorded, digitised and available to people researching local or family histories.
- Guiding and School Programme Services: Help make sure pre-booked tour groups and students get the most out of the Centre.
The Julie Burgess ketch has three main volunteering activities
- Crewing: Help make sure the sailings of this historic ketch run smoothly and safely.
- Visitor Services: Help make sure every passenger on board has a great experience which they’ll
share with others.
- Maintenance Services: Help make sure the vessel is in good condition and the mooring area neat
Interested in becoming a volunteer? Download the Volunteer_Registration_Form.pdf or contact the Bass Strait Maritime Centre Coordinator on (03) 6424 7100.